Sunday 22 January 2012

KHADI CLEANSING GEL SILVER MOON REVIEW.

Few month back the first Khadi outlet was opened in our city and one day I reached the shop to get my first Khadi product. I was thinking of getting Khadi Pudina cleanser for me,as Iam crazy for skin care products, but to my disappointment it was already out of stock.So the girl there at sales counter asked me to go for some other cleanser and asked me to have a look at their skin-care counter.So to put things in short, after looking at various products I settled down at this Khadi Cleansing Gel Silver Moon, because those tiny flakes like silver caught my fancy and I decided to give it a shot.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
This is a gel cleanser which is colorless but having tiny silver flakes, which comes in typical Khadi packaging of plastic bottle with black flip-top cap and has to be used within 2 years of manufacturing. It has a mild smell which reminds of incense sticks, and might irritate some people.
INDICATIONS:
An ayurvedic cleansing gel which helps to deep cleanses skin & help to remove dirt & pollution from the skin pores and prepares the skin for further treatment. It can be used as an antiseptic pores cleanser.
METHOD OF USE :
 Rub to the gel on face gently with finger tips circular motion for 5-6 min. and clean the face with cotton.

INGREDIENTS:
Aloevera indica, Curcumalonga, Santalum Album,  Silver Scrub, Gum Acacia, Preservative, Purified Water.
QUANTITY:210 ml.

PRICE:Rs.120/-

It is already three months that Iam using this cleanser and in my opinion it is right time that I can give my honest opinion about this cleanser.Some times I have to do field visits  as a part of my job and I generally use waterproof eyeliner and lipsticks apart from compact and sunscreen for daily use.Previously I was using Himalaya cleanser and use to clean my face at the end of the day before applying toner.But after switching over to this cleanser, as per the instructions given on the bottle I take small amount of cleanser and massage it gently over my face for five minutes(daily tedious na???),otherwise it will not absorbed by the skin and simply rubbing it with cotton otherwise will not serve any purpose. I was used to simply apply my cleanser and clean it with a cotton,but here it is a different story, first I rub it continuously for five minutes and then clean it with cotton and finally wash it with water, otherwise I feel a stickiness all over the face.

Now let me summarise Pros and Cons of this cleanser.
PROS:
1.Dirt cheap.
2.Little quantity of it goes long.
3. This cleanser did not break me out even once, it gives a cool and soothing feel to my super oily skin.
4.It is an Ayurvedic product.
CONS:
1. Availability.
2.Boring Packaging.
3.One has to have patience to daily follow the instructions of its usage (massage it for 5-6 minutes.)
4.Have to use cotton for cleaning my face thrice or even more times to get rid of makeup, however even after removing the cleanser the sticky feeling compels me to wash the face with water again.
5.No feeling of squeaky clean skin even after using this gel twice at a time.
So to conclude I’d say that this cleanser, according to me is not upto the mark and it did nothing for my skin.Iam on the mission to complete it up and will not purchase it again in the future.Iam happy with my Himalaya cleanser and will go back to it, although would like to try Khadi Pudina cleanser in future.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the review :)Sad it didnt work for you.
    I am hosting a giveaway on my blog,hope you participate :) here->Giveaway time!!

    ReplyDelete